MUA Undressed Palette


MUA Undressed Palette £4.00
I love beauty products including makeup so much but that doesn't mean I'm good at makeup. Actually I always thought my face was pretty boring to put makeup on because I don't have deep sockets, big nose and pretty lips which look wonderful with a bright lipstick on. But last year, I started exploring some methods and techniques of makeup and now I'm totally in love with makeup as well as skincare, haircare and bodycare. I always wanted to get my hands on Urban Decay Naked Palette as all the colours contained in that palette looked amazing and wearable. The only problem was the price. So when I heard about MUA Undressed Palette, the "perfect dupe", I decided to purchase it next time I would go to England. And I did, finally! 



It contains 12 shades. It's a bit odd that the name of each colour is like "Shade1" and "Shade2" just because it would be much better to have fancy names. I'm glad  they've improved that point and named each colour on Undress Me Too Palette which I'll talk about another day.


These are the swatches of the shades on the top part. First of all I was surprised to see how pigmented they were! The colours are gorgeous, especially the shimmery colours. The matte colours such as Shade3 and Shade5 are not as pigmented as the other shimmery colours as you can see, but they are perfect for the crease and sometimes I use them as base.



These are the shades on the bottom part. Again, they all are impressively pigmented. I personally am not sure about Shade7 (left) as I have no idea how I would wear this colour, I don't think it would go well with my skin tone...On the other hand, Shade9 is my favourite. It's a dusty rosy colour that I would wear to work.

 
Base : Shade1
On the whole lid : Shade2
On the corner of the eye : Shade9



Base : Shade3
On the whole lid : Shade4
On the corner of the eye : Shade8


As I'm still new when it comes to makeup, I'm still trying to figure out how to play with the amazing colours. I don't want to waste a single shade, so I've been watching some tutorials on YouTube and trying to learn some new techniques! So far I really like this palette as there's no colour (except Shade7) that I wouldn't use. I was also impressed by the pigmentation, I don't mind paying more for this quality of the eyeshadows. 

One thing I can't figure out is that it's so pigmented when I swatch it with my finger but it's not as much when I use my eyeshadow brush. Do you have any idea why? Currently I'm using my finger to apply when I want a stronger colour payoff, and blend it in with my eyeshadow brush. 

Another thing is that do you know any good Asian YouTubers? I mainly watch tutorials by Pixiwoo, Lisa Eldridge and Tanya Burr, but it would be nice if I knew some Asian makeup artists on YouTube so let me know if you know anyone :)