Alterna Bamboo Translucent Dry Shampoo


Alterna Bamboo Translucent Dry Shampoo $14.70 icon
I hadn't been using dry shampoo at all as I was washing my hair every single day which is normal in Japan. And I was told that I needed to blow dry my hair every time I wash my hair otherwise my scalp would get itchy and releases unpleasant smell. Yuck. Of course it encouraged damage on my hair and I wanted to change the habit. 

I asked my hairdresser whom I totally respect and have known for more than 10 years that if I should stop washing my hair every single day. He said "You don't necessarily have to wash your hair every day, you can wash it every other day. But your hair could get greasy after 2 days especially in summer time in Japan it's pretty humid and that would make your scalp gets greasier". So I decided not to wash my hair when I'm off from work and do not meet anybody. 



I really wanted to try Batiste Dry Shampoo but they didn't ship to Japan unfortunately and I decided to purchase this Alterna Bamboo Dry Shampoo from Vitacost.com as dry shampoo is not sold in Japan.




Alterna recently welcomed Katie Holms as a brand spokesperson and business associate. They don't use harsh ingredients in their products and mainly use naturally-derived ingredients. 

This dry shampoo doesn't contain Talc, Sulfates, Parabens, Gluten, Phthalates, Sodium Chloride, Synthetic Color, DEA, TEA, Paraffin, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum and PABA. 


I love this dry shampoo because it really is translucent and doesn't leave the white residue on my hair. You might be able to find a bit of the powder in your hair if you look into it carefully, but nobody would do that so don't worry! It does freshen my scalp and hair with a very fresh scent of watermelon or cucumber. 


And it's so true that people say dry shampoos give volume in your hair!! I was impressed that it gave me such beautiful volume and it made my hair so easy to manage. What's your favourite dry shampoo?