Beauty Without Cruelty Eye Makeup Remover


Beauty Without Cruelty Eye Make-Up Remover $6.29 icon

I have been looking for an alternative to Bioderma since I used up the tiny travel-size bottle. Bioderma is sold in Japan but it's quite expensive so I decided to try this product I found on Vitacost.com. This product is from this American brand called Beauty Without Cruelty and as the name suggests they don't use ingredients which could be harsh on your skin. 

The ingredients in this makeup remover is : Botanical infusion of calendula, chamomile, and witch hazel, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl cocoate and cocamidopropyl betaine (gentle cleansers from coconut).

It doesn't contain oil or strong surfactants. I wondered if it would remove makeup completely with this formula.


I'm going to show you how it works. The formula is clear and doesn't have a scent. I wish it had a mild scent of essential oils or something because it would be much relaxing and soothing that way. 




These are the products I use daily: eyeliner, lipstick and eyeshadow. I swiped the area once, and it didn't come out. So I kept doing it for like 5 times, and eyeshadow started coming off but not the other two. So I started rubbing it pretty hard, then it finally came off...


You still can see the colours left of each products on the right half. It doesn't work like Bioderma (or maybe nothing works like Bioderma) even when I rub it so hard which obviously what I want to avoid doing around my eye area. 

I still use it every time I remove makeup but I try not to rub it too much and use a cotton bud  to remove eyeliner left after wiping off with a cotton pad. That way it removes 80% of my eye makeup, then I move on to cleansing.

I can say that it's not an alternative to Bioderma in any way but it doesn't have any harsh ingredients and is suitable for sensitive skin. Which makeup remover do you use? Any recommendations?