Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick


Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick
I don't wear red lips. I admire red lipsticks so much but I cannot wear them because I have quite a big mouth and on the other hand, my nose is tiny. (Don't blame me, I'm Japanese!) So when I wear a bright lipstick, I look really strange. I look like a 5 years old with my mum's lipstick. But I don't wear nude lips either because I want a little bit of colour on my lips. I'm always on the hunt for a perfect lipstick and when I heard great things about Rimmel Kate Lipsticks, I couldn't resist to try out. I bought these in the shade 8 and 16 as they seemed pretty wearable.


As they are not old in Japan, I had to pick shades by googling for swatches. This shade No. 16 looked like a pretty coral shade and it IS, but I didn't think carefully about the tone.


Yup it was a little too bright. But look at the colour, it looks so pretty! But believe me, my lips get attention too much with this lipstick on when you look at my whole face...*sigh* Oh and it smells like watermelon.


I have no idea why my lipstick was sweating this much when I took this photo, but I love this shade too. This is the shade 16, and it's such a beautiful mauvy plummy shade.


This shade is more wearable compared to No. 8 in my opinion. I dub it onto my lips with my finger, to make it look as soft as possible. I love how matte it looks, because it creates this chic look! I love the scent of this shade, I don't know what the scent is exactly but to me it smells like cherry. 


The formula of these lipsticks is very creamy and moisturising. They are pretty matte but do not dry out my lips at all. I hate it when a lipstick sucks up all the moisture on my lips so I was glad to find out these are not that kind. I hope someday they would make more basic shades like pinky nude or beige or a sheer lipstick or something. Rimmel is definitely one of my favourite brands now, their products are cheap but the quality is very good for the price!