L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint


L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint 2300yen
I am not a kind of girl who has 10 foundations and switch them around every day. I am happy with one foundation that works wonders on my skin. I liked Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation for more than a year but recently I have been on a hunt for a foundation that looks more natural yet cover my pores. 

I was going to buy GIORGIO ARMANI Maestro Foundation because I loved it when I tried out a tiny sample that I got from Shinjuku Isetan where the only Armani counter in Tokyo is in. But then I thought of this foundation which just came out in April in Japan. I heard so many good things about this foundation, and people were raving about it saying that it's a dupe for Maestro Foundation which is around 7,000yen mark. So I thought to give it a try.


Shall we take a moment here to depreciate the package? Why the heck does it not have a dropper like Maestro? Nowadays many drugstore foundation have a pump, and isn't it easy to imagine that it would get really messy as the consistency is very loose and liquidy? 

I shake the bottle before use, open the lid and place my finger on top and turn the bottle upside down, and apply the foundation that is on my finger. Every time I do that, the foundation goes all over for some reason and I have to wipe my desk and the bottle itself. I hate this bottle so much, it's pain in the butt to use.


It's very liquidy and feels a little bit oily when applied on my skin, but as I blend in it turns to a powdery texture (or at least that's what I feel) and it covers my imperfections. Despite the fact I only apply one tiny drop on the cheek, it covers -or let's say it blurs- my pores perfectly and it creates this smooth and beautiful base on my face. 

I usually blend with my fingers, that I found works the best, and make sure there is no harsh lines with my favourite Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. It doesn't cover up my dark circles but that's normal, there is no foundation that covers them up, so I use Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and Bourjois CC Eye Cream on top. 


It doesn't look cakey or powdery, yet not too dewy. I've been using this foundation for about 2 months now and I'm loving it. I am dying to try L'Oreal True Match Foundation as it sounds like a very nice foundation too. On the other hand, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua has been on my wishlist for ages now. The only problem is the shade range, #20 is a bit too dark and orangy, and #10 looks a bit too pale. Not sure the shade range in Japan is exactly the same in other countries, as even #10 looks quite dark for pale skin. What's you favourite foundation at the moment? And what's your holy grail foundation? Let me know! :)