My perfect taupe : ADDICTION Eyeshadow in Flash Back


ADDICTION Eyeshadow / Flash Back 2000yen
I know what you are thinking. You must be thinking "How can she call it taupe, it looks pinky beige". It does, doesn't it? But in person, it's such a gorgeous taupe that I had been looking for for ages.
 
ADDICTION is probably my favouite Japanese high-end brand. It's a chic, modern and sophisticated brand founded by a Japanese makeup artist Ayako. Their products aren't cheapest but the single eyeshadows are pretty affordable. I found this shade Flash Back back in May when I was looking for a present for the mother's day. I got it instead of getting something for my mum, as I couldn't resist. 


You may now agree with me, that it's such a beautiful taupe! It has this metallic finish reflects lights, without being glittery. What a sophisticated shade, I am completely in love with this shade. There was a similar shade called Meeting at Dome, but it was much more glittery and sheer whereas Flash Back is more like a metallic finish and pretty pigmented. 



You can wear this shade on its own, or glam up by paring it with darker taupe. You can build up the intensity for sure, I only applied one layer in this photo. Usually I define my crease with a matte taupe eyeshadow and add a little darker shade on the outer corner. 


They have 74 shades in total, but this one and Arabian Ruby are the only metallic ones. The finish is absolutely gorgeous and surprisingly long lasting when paired with a good eyeshadow primer. As it's not a basic shade that you use every single day, it will last forever that I'm sure I won't be able to finish up before the expiry date. This quality for 2000yen is a bargain in my opinion, I'm willing to get more shades when I've got a chance.

Have you tried anything from ADDICTION?