On trend : Autumnal Eyeliners


I had been a black liquid eyeliner type of girl for more than 10 years. I had never liked pencil eyeliners as they would smudge -or that's what I thought. This year, none-black eyeliners are on trend in Japan. Paired with berry toned lips, a brown eyeliner crates a sophisticated look. I started collecting autumnal eyeliners a couple of months ago, and here I'm sharing my favourites.

From top: Sweet Salon W Eyeliner (eyeshadow end), Sweet Salon W Eyeliner (eyeliner end), Visee Color Impact Gel Liner, Dodo Liquid Eyeliner, Dolly Wink Eyeliner

Sweet Salon W Eyeliner has two ends, one with a brown liquid eyeliner which is a tad too weak in terms of pigmentation by itself, and another end with a shimmery gorgeous eyeshadow which looks so pretty on top of the eyeliner. You don't even need any eyeshadow as long as you have this eyeliner as it's easy to create a neutral look with it. 


Dolly Wink Eyeliner in Dark Brown is my current favourite for sure, the brush is so thin which makes it super easy to draw both very thin lines (as shown in the photo above)  and dramatic winged lines. The shade is perfect for those who don't like orangy brown as it's deeper and darker.


This eyeliner was the first product I had ever tried from the Korean brand, dodo. The eyeliner is in metallic copper that again, doesn't look orangy at all and suits my eye colour. The brush isn't thin enough to my liking but the colour is amazing. I like applying a nude eyeshadow as a base, and use this metallic eyeliner to add a little bit of a twist.


Last but not least, Visee Color Impact Gel Liner in PU100 is my first ever pencil eyeliner that I love. It glides on so smoothly and makes it easy to draw a straight line. You only have like 5 seconds to smudge before it sets, but the great thing is that it never moves once it's set. It never transfers to my eyelid, or the bottom part of my eye. The shade PU is a gorgeous burgundy shade that goes well with brown eyeshadow. The limited shades are coming out soon in the end of November, which I'm so looking forward to getting my hands on.

I am into brown mascaras too which go well with these eyeliners. I would like to explore more coloured eyeliners, as they are fun and different. To me black eyeliners are kind of boring right now and when I wear them, I feel like I'm put too much makeup on. Now I would love to try some coloured gel liners too!