My Nighttime Skincare Routine -Spring 2015


Following my post about my morning skincare routine, I am going to write about my nighttime skincare routine today!



To remove my makeup off, I've been enjoying Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm (Thanks Danniella xx) after I've completely used up Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm from CLINIQUE. This cleanser contains Shea Butter, Rosehip and Jojoba oils to leave the skin silky smooth. Especially Rosehip oil is known to be very good for your skin, though it stinks. I tried some pure Rosehip oils in the past but i just couldn't bear the fishy smell. This cleanser does not have any odd smell, instead it smells of essential oils -which unfortunately I cannot identify which ones- and it's very relaxing.
I reviewed YSL Forever Youth Liberator Lotion back in February, so click HERE for more in-depth review. The reason why I use this at night only is because I like taking time to let it sink into my skin using my palms. I take a couple of minutes to gently press it into the skin, for a plumped and hydrated feel. It really does make my skin feel soft and hydrated, I cannot get enough of it.




Then I use Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair that I reviewed before as well (HERE). I had no clue what the hype was about before I tried it, but now I'm obsessed. I've been using it since last autumn and I've used up about 30% of 50ml bottle already, which gives me an anxiety attack! It's much cheaper in the UK than it is in Japan, and I believe it's cheaper at Bicester Village than it is at the duty free shop. It really does shrink my pores, you can see the result the next day which is absolutely impressive. It's definitely worth the hype.


I was using DEW SUPERIOR Lift Concentrate Cream at the time I took the photos, but actually I gave it away because it didn't agree with my skin. It's a very luxurious cream and smells wonderful, but felt a little too oily on my combination skin. My husband seems to be enjoying it a lot, so it must completely depends on the skin type. Right now I'm using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream. This is such a lovely cream, very basic but it hydrates the skin instantly.


Then I finish up my skincare routine with Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream. I tried the sample a couple of times before I purchased it, and every time I saw a massive difference which truly impressed me. My dark circles are not due to lack of sleep, it's pigmentation that skincare items normally cannot fix. But when I use this eye cream, it makes my under eyes look brighter and smoother the next day. 


One more skincare routine related post is coming up soon x